Thursday, February 23, 2006

Toward a Semantic Blog

As you can see in the sidebar, I've just added some blog links in the Links section and, that's more important, I've created a FOAF file of mine.




What is, in short, a FOAF file?

FOAF (Friend-Of-A-Friend) is an RDF vocabulary describing information about people, their interest and relationships.
You could say that this is already done by a simple web page ... the answer is that FOAF, being an RDF application published as an XML document, describes people in a machine understandable way, letting computers automatically discover, elaborate and aggregate information.
In other words, what RSS does with documents content, FOAF does with personal data.
A good starting point for FOAF is here.

At the moment, my FOAF file contains only some information about me and a list of persons "I know" in the blog sphere, because I personally met them or simply read their blog.
I'll keep updating and enriching it ...
If you want to be linked by my FOAF file, or if you're simply interested in FOAF, let me know.

Moreover, this is my first (indeed second, if you consider the atom feeds) movement toward a Semantic Blog: as soon as I'll find some more free time, I'll add other semantic stuff ... so stay tuned!

No comments: